Thursday 28 January 2010

The Champ is Here!!!!

I think I'm going to be posting one review a week. With Uni work, I just couldn't find time to take pictures, upload them and write a review. So when I come home on a Thursday I'll get my review on and bring some awesome images to you. My next review which I'll try and do over the weekend, but may have to wait until next Thursday will be of some of the Jakks Pacific UFC figure line. Here's a sneak peek at the UFC figures I'll be reviewing:

Photobucket


So this review is going to be of the Toys R Us exclusive John Cena and Edge with toy title belt and DVD. This set is based on the 2006 feud between Cena and Edge. I haven't had chance to view the DVD yet, but it is region 0 so should be good to view worldwide. It does say NTSC on the disc which I'm sure is some kind of US encoding, but I'll let you know if I have any problems when viewing it.

NOTE: I'm still working on resizing these images so they look good on the page. If there is a problem, just click them to see them full-screen. Also, appologies if the quality of the photos suck, I'm taking them on my iphone and uploading them directly to photobucket as I'm rushin

Packaging

Photobucket

Photobucket

The packaging is in line with every WWE Mattel product on the market, it will look in place if you are a collector that keeps your things boxed up. The box allows you to touch the title belt which could be a bit annoying if someone messes with it before you buy it. The figures are hidden inside the packaging so are untouched by the great unwashed.

Photobucket

Everything is attached with these really annoying tie things. It's not a major problem as it keeps things in place, but it's just a bit annoying as it takes time to cut everything free.

Photobucket

Both figures are in a plastic see-through bag with the display base and card name tag inside the bag (The bag is then attatched to the card with the annoying plastic tie.) I noticed that the John Cena name tag was creased because the figure had bent it while in the box. So if you like to display the figures on the stand, don't expect the name tags to be in perfect condition as they could be damaged inside the box without you knowing.

Head Scan/Part Sculpt
John Cena- Cena is the exact same figure as his Basic series 1 (but painted differently). Cena hasn't changed that much in this time so it doesn't bother me that the same torso and head scan has been used.

Photobucket

Edge- The head scan on this figure is the same as the Elite series 1 figure. The part choices look to be the same as the WrestleMania Heritage figure (but I don't have that so can't be 100% sure.) I have a slight problem with the head scan being the same and that is Edge has changed heair style slightly from 2006 to 2009. The figure has a hard time in standing up. Because of the part choice, the knees seem to cave in bringing the ankles really close together. I don't know if its just a problem with my figure, but standing him in the wrestling ring is a bit of a pain. Standing him on the base is fine.

Photobucket

Articulation
John Cena- Cena's articulation is slightly different than most basic style figures because of his cut-off jeans. Instead of having a swivel just below the knee at the top of the shin, it is at the bottom of the shin above his sneakers.

Edge- Edge features the same articulation as all the other basic figures, I won't go into them here as I've mentioned them in a previous review.

Paint

Photobucket

John Cena- Cena has loads of detail. He has logos on his shorts and detail on his sneakers. Even his sweatbands have the catchphrases and logos he was using at some point throughout the 2006 era.

Photobucket

Edge- Edge only has his "sun" tattoo on his shoulder but that is accurate to the time frame so I have no problem with this. He has his gauntlets painted on each wrist with the drawstring ties painted on the inside which is a nice touch. The "Rated R" logos on each thigh look awesome, they're painted nice and big and not cramped up like the old Jakks version of this figure.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Accessories (not including display bases)
John Cena doesn't have any accessories.

Edge has one elbow pad. Without looking up some of their previous encounters I can't say whether this is accurate or not, but it seems odd that they'd only include one elbow pad with the figure when the two previous Edge figures both had two elbow pads.

This set also comes with a toy WWE title belt which I'm going to include in this section. The belt is a step up from Jakks versions of the toy belts. The strap feels like faux leather, whereas the Jakks Pacific title belts had foam straps.

Photobucket

The plates are made of plastic but painted exceptionally well. My only complaint is that there aren't enough plates on it. There should be two plates either side of the main spinning one. The plates that are on the strap look good and I have no complaints with them, but the ones that are missing detract slightly from the belt. The title belt fastens with velcro at the back which can be adjusted to fit a childs waist.

Comparison/Scale

Photobucket

Other Images

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment