Monday 11 January 2010

2 Blogs in one day--Shock Horror!!!

After looking at my last blog, I've just realised that I'll have to be careful when I edit the images. I'm taking them from my Photobucket account and then resizing them on this website when I write my blog. I thought it'd expand the page to fit the larger images on, but that's not the case. If you want to see the images, all you have to do is click on them and they'll open in a new tab or window. Sorry for any inconvenience.

I'm expecting this in the post any day now, hopefully the image doesn't stretch the page;

TRUBasic6packEx

It's a Toys R Us exclusive set of 6 (The first series of Mattel's Basic figures). I ordered it from a seller in the US (on eBay). I'm getting them loose (to save a little on shipping). I think I'm going to review one figure at a time instead of doing them in a group like I did in my last post. After re-reading it, I think it came across a little mumbled. The reviews will be a work in progress until I find a format that I'm happy with. I'll also try and take more images. I took all my pictures before I wrote it then realised I ran out too soon.

I'm also waiting on a Jakks John Cena figure that comes with a cloth "Hustle Loyalty Respect" T-shirt from the exclusive triple pack (with Edge and Big Show). I'm going to wait on reviewing the Cena from the 6-pack until this one comes so I can either do some comparison shots or put the cloth shirt on the Mattel Cena.

I've also just ordered some more Mattel product. I've ordered the final two Elite figures from Series 1 (MVP and Rey Mysterio) and I've also ordered Beth Phoenix/Santino Marella 2-pack. That's all I want from the first batch of figures they've released. I'm waiting for the Elite series 2 Orton (with full sleeve tattoos) to be released, if I can pick up the WrestleMania heritage Orton for cheap then I may get that too.

3 comments:

  1. Good blogs so far, my man. Interesting to read about them. How long do the figures seems like they'll last from wear and tear? I had a fair few Jakks figures, that even though I don't play with them all the time, just by messing around with them every now and then the paint was easily scuffed and the limited flexibility left more than one wrestler with arms that needed sticking back in.

    Martyn - DKR

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't had many problems. The right leg on my Elite CM Punk is quite loose. But from what I've read about it, it's not a common problem. So either I was too rough when I got it out of the package, or the quality control missed it.

    Other than that, the joints have been fine- sometimes a little stiff when first out of the box. But other than that no problems.

    I had a little bit of a match while listening to DKR with some of my newer figures (haven't done reviews yet) and there was no scuff marks or anything like that. I'm hoping to get my review of Rey Mysterio up today to show how Mattel have thought about scale, I'll also do a comparison picture with a Jakks Pacific Rey to show the difference.

    I deleted my last comment because I was trying to edit it but don't think I can. So I've just copy and pasted it again. I just wanted to say that anyone can comment without registering now. I found the option in the settings, so you don't have to have a Blogspot account to comment anymore.

    ReplyDelete